Facilitating Learning: Online and In-Person
The "Facilitating Learning: Online and In-Person" (ToT) program focuses on conducting in-person and live online training courses effectively.
The program builds on the IFC’s Facilitating Face-to-Face Learning (FFF); however, it differs from FFF in a few key aspects:
- It is offered completely remotely, using live online sessions.
- It focuses on face-to-face and live online training.
- It is offered over a series of 8 sessions.
What topics will be covered?
- Needs assessments
- Accelerated learning principles (ALPs)
- Learning styles
- Learning preferences
- The learning environment
- Learners’ hierarchy of needs
- The four phases of the learning cycle
- IFC - LPI Trainer Performance Monitoring and Assessment (TPMA) evaluation criteria
- Activities that maximize attention, replacing lectures with interactive content, and reviewing content
- Debriefing models
- Questioning techniques
- A model for giving constructive feedback
- Managing disruptive learner behaviors
- Handling objections
- Time management
- Effective equipment use
- Common and advanced web-conferencing features that make online training more engaging
What are the benefits of completing this program?
- This program will help trainers create a learning environment that keeps participants more engaged and interested, makes learning easier, and builds their reputation as skilled trainers.
- It is offered completely online, making it possible for trainers to learn in a physically distant, COVID-free way.
What are the prerequisites for participating in the program?
You must complete the Foundations of Learning and Finding Your Path for Facilitation courses. The master trainers will explain these and other requirements during the information session on October 26.
How is it offered?
This program includes 8 modules, spread over a one-month period, for a total of 16 instructional hours. In between the sessions, participants will be expected to complete self-study work and participate in group exercises. Participants will also be required to submit videos of themselves facilitating a 5-minute and a 15-minute training segment using the techniques taught in the course.
- Pre-Course Call. October 26, 6:30-7:30 pm IST
- Session 1. November 1, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
- Session 2. November 3, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
- Session 3. November 9, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
- Session 4. November 10, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
- Session 5. November 15, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
- Session 6. November 17, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
- Session 7. November 22, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
- Session 8. November 24, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
Please check the corresponding time in your country zone.
Can I get certified at the end of the program?
IFC-LPI TPMA assessment will be offered at the end of the program (for an additional charge).