Foundations of Learning
Discover how you can convey information more effectively, whether you are training a course, leading meetings, or creating training solutions for clients, employees, or projects. This learning path is available in English and French.
What does this learning path teach?
This learning path introduces the principles and methodology that are the basis for all the learning experiences on the GLC platform. It consists of three learning experiences:
- Maximizing Learning introduces some key theories and techniques that are the basis for our approach to training. (Duration: 30 minutes)
- The Training Lifecycle introduces the industry standard methodology for providing high-quality training products and services. (Duration: 25 minutes)
- Ethics for Performance and Learning Professionals helps you consider the best way to respond to common ethical dilemmas training professionals face. It offers a tool and guidance for how to make decisions that protect and enhance you, your business, and the profession as a whole in both the short and long term. (Duration: 20 minutes)
What are the learning objectives?
- Explain ways to make learning easier, more natural, and more effective for participants.
- Explain how following a development process can help you provide training solutions that optimize learning.
- Describe each phase in the training lifecycle, including its main activities, inputs, and outputs.
- Explain why it is important to lead an ethical business life.
- Identify ethical questions that arise in difficult situations.
Who should take this course?
Anyone who is interested in becoming a performance and learning professional or wishes to gain a firmer understanding of training.
What are the prerequisites for taking this course?
None. Please note that completion of the Foundations of Learning is a prerequisite for other courses on the GLC platform. Please send us your certificate of completion of the Foundations of Learning course at email@example.com.
How is it offered?
This is a self-paced, online learning experience. It is available in English and French. The course is hosted on the WBG Open Learning Campus (OLC) platform. Please follow these instructions in English or French to register for the course.