Foundations of Learning
Discover how you can convey information more effectively, whether you are training a course, leading meetings, or creating training solutions for clients, employees, or projects. This learning path is available in English and French.
What does this learning path teach?
This learning path introduces the principles and methodology that are the basis for all the learning experiences on the GLC platform. It consists of three learning experiences:
- Maximizing Learning introduces some key theories and techniques that are the basis for our approach to training. (Duration: 30 minutes)
- The Training Lifecycle introduces the industry standard methodology for providing high-quality training products and services. (Duration: 25 minutes)
- Ethics for Performance and Learning Professionals helps you consider the best way to respond to common ethical dilemmas training professionals face. It offers a tool and guidance for how to make decisions that protect and enhance you, your business, and the profession as a whole in both the short and long term. (Duration: 20 minutes)
What are the learning objectives?
- Explain ways to make learning easier, more natural, and more effective for participants.
- Explain how following a development process can help you provide training solutions that optimize learning.
- Describe each phase in the training lifecycle, including its main activities, inputs, and outputs.
- Explain why it is important to lead an ethical business life.
- Identify ethical questions that arise in difficult situations.
Who should take this course?
Anyone who is interested in becoming a performance and learning professional or wishes to gain a firmer understanding of training.
What are the prerequisites for taking this course?
None. Please note that completion of the Foundations of Learning is a prerequisite for other courses on the GLC platform. Please send us your certificate of completion of the Foundations of Learning course at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am having technical issues. Who can help me?
One of the most common problems users report is that they are not able to print a certificate of completion. You will only be able to print or download the certificate of completion if you finish all three modules and the evaluation at the end of the course. If at least one of those is pending, the option to print or download will not be available.
Should you experience other technical issues, please contact the OLC support team at email@example.com.
How is it offered?
This is a self-paced, online learning experience. It is available in English and French. The course is hosted on the WBG Open Learning Campus (OLC) platform. Please follow these instructions in English or French to register for the course.
This course was very interesting, detailed, and easy to understandSyed Maaz
This course was very educative and simple to understand. I found it extremely helpful for my line of work.James
The course was very rewarding. I learned a new way to facilitate training sessions online.William
The foundation course was insightful in terms of revising the training process of adults.Abdul
I really enjoyed the compactness, the superb examples and visualization, and the logical sequencing of this foundation of Learning course. It was a great way to refresh past learning. I was not bored for one moment. And I value the resource material shared with us. Thank you.Shahnaz
I really did enjoy this course both in terms of design and quality of insights.Jonathan
I loved this course a lot.Don Azubike