Guidelines for Submitting Any Content
All content submitted to the Grow Learn Connect (GLC) platform is subject to review by the GLC editorial team before publishing. The following guidelines are provided to help users prepare their submissions and understand the primary criteria used for publishing content.
1. Subject matter: The content must relate to the capacity-building of training professionals. Review our list
of potential topics. Submissions should be considered relevant and of interest to GLC users.
2. Language: GLC publishes content in at least four languages: English, French, Spanish, and Arabic. There is an option to add other languages. GLC does not translate content.
3. Diversity of content: GLC strives to present a diverse array of viewpoints, organizations, and geographies.
4. Images. Please upload professional high-resolution images only. If you don't have any at hand, you may use free online collections:
Make sure to read and comply with these websites' terms and conditions.
Guidelines Specific to Blog Posts
In addition to the general guidelines, the following criteria also apply to blog post submissions:
1. Source: GLC accepts publications from organizations and individuals. All content is subject to the following criteria:
- Citations and references must be included.
- Subject to review by plagiarism detection software. GLC follows strict rules on plagiarism and reserves the right to reject a document that might be disputed on grounds of plagiarism.
- Must include a URL to a short bio of the author in a format that allows the reader to easily assess the author’s qualifications
2. Format: Publications must be professional in appearance and free of grammar and typing errors. We suggest spaces between paragraphs and encourage the use of sub-headings to make the content reader-friendly.
3. Type of publication: As a public good, GLC only posts content that is available for free. We do not publish:
- Annual reports
- Draft papers that are not presented as a final product
- News articles
- Newsletters or bulletins
4. Topics: Suggested topics include:
Tag as many topics as apply.
Guidelines Specific to Calendar Events
1. Event Types: Suggested types of events include:
- Ask the expert
- Info session
- Networking event
How To Submit Content
Choose the type of content you wish to submit, and fill out the form:
When the Content is Submitted
If your submission meets our criteria, we will publish it within five to seven business days. We usually edit the submission to standardize the formatting and to include all relevant information. You will receive an email notification once your content has been published.
If your submission does not meet our criteria and we are unable to publish it, we will respond to you by email to let you know and explain why. We are happy to answer any questions and to help you prepare your content for publication on GLC.