Designing and Developing Learning
This learning path is currently under development and will be available shortly. Here is what you can anticipate:
What is it about?
This learning path explores the instructional design process from planning out a face-to-face training course or program, to delving into the details of course development and finalizing it for the classroom. It uses a blended learning approach of independent e-learning modules combined with live online learning sessions, one-on-one coaching sessions, and interactive discussions with peers in your cohort.
Who should take it?
Anyone who wants to build skills in course design and development, specifically for the face-to-face learning environment.
What topics will be covered?
- Defining a performance problem
- Determining the best approaches to address performance problems
- Engaging with client and content experts
- Developing the learner persona
- Preparing to design and conduct action mapping
- Developing learning objectives
- Determining evaluation techniques and thresholds
- Designing activities to promote and apply learning
- Selecting need-to-know content
- Sequencing content/course flow
- Finalizing the design
- Using IFC design templates and guidelines to complete a design and its timing
- Developing lesson slides
- Building activities
- Scripting trainer's notes
- Ensuring that GLOSS, OFF, and EASE are incorporated throughout
- Developing supporting materials (handouts, answer keys, posters, job aids, action plans, visuals, etc)
- Developing a time planner
- Engaging with client and stakeholders to revise
- Developing support materials for transfer of learning
- Finalizing a pilot plan, TOT plan, evaluations, and program continuity plan
- Evaluating the course
What are the prerequisites for this learning path?
Can I be notified when it becomes available?
Please sign up to be notified when this learning path becomes available.