Facilitating Face-to-Face Learning - Online (FFF-O)
Train like a Pro!
A Training of Trainer (ToT) Course for facilitating learning by IFC
Not your ordinary ToT.
Based on the feedback of practitioners from diverse sectors across 50+ countries of the world, our ToT course is designed to help you prepare and deliver training that transforms people. Are you ready to level up as a trainer?
Why Take This Course?
IFC has trained and certified more than 3500 trainers from all over the world, giving you access to an international network of professionals. Taking the ToT course will enable you to deliver powerful learning experiences to adult participants that can help improve their capability, capacity, productivity, and performance. The ToT is based on best practice principles and learning methods such as:
- Learners enjoy taking responsibility for their own learning. The ToT approach is guided by how adults learn best
- People tend to learn better by doing. Interactive approaches are used to optimize learning
- Adults learn considerably from each other. Communication among learners in a class is encouraged
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
- Professional trainers aiming to improve and achieve professional recognition.
- Novice trainers looking to upgrade their facilitation skills to a professional level.
- Managers with direct responsibility for training programs.
- Administrators having quality assurance responsibility for training programs.
What Will I Learn?
The course is designed to equip you with the key competencies of training:
1 - Master the training cycle
- Prepare for training
- Introduce training session
- Present training content
- Give and receive feedback
- Conclude a training session
- Review the training
- Report on success of training
2 - Manage sessions professionally
- Create comfortable environments
- Accommodate different learners
- Use projectors and slides effectively
- Manage session time
- Handle difficult circumstances
- Use powerful body language
- Diffuse gender bias
Who Will Train Me?
Quazi M. Ahmed, an IFC Certified Master Trainer, has been chosen from a highly selective pool of professionals as your facilitator.
What Training Methods Will Be Used?
- Group discussions
- Case studies
- Individual demonstrations
How is it offered?
This program includes 6 modules, spread over 15 days, for a total of 12 instructional hours. In between the sessions, participants will be expected to complete self-study work and participate in group exercises. Participants will also be required to submit videos of themselves facilitating a 5-minute and a 15-minute training segment using the techniques taught in the course.
- Pre-course Webinar. Monday June 6, 2022, 19:30 to 22:00 (GMT+6)
- Session 1. Monday June 13, 2022 20:00 to 22:00 (GMT+6)
- Session 2. Tuesday June 14, 2022 20:00 to 22:00 (GMT+6)
- Session 3. Saturday June 18, 2022 20:00 to 22:00 (GMT+6)
- Session 4. Sunday June 19, 2022 20:00 to 22:00 (GMT+6)
- Session 5. Monday June 20, 2022 20:00 to 22:00 (GMT+6)
- Session 8. Sunday June 26, 2022 20:00 to 22:00 (GMT+6)
Will I receive a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes, participants will receive the certificate of completion of the "Facilitating Learning: Online and In-Person" course provided that they:
- complete the prerequisite Foundations of Learning course
- attend at least 80% of the "Facilitating Learning: Online and In-Person" course, and
- complete all course assignments
What More Is In It For Me?
The ToT is also recognized by the Learning and Performance Institute (LPI), a global leading authority on learning and development. ToT graduates qualify to apply for IFC-LPI’s Trainer Performance Monitoring & Assessment (TPMA), an internationally recognized trainer certification.
For more information on the LPI please visit www.thelpi.org
For more information on the IFC-LPI TPMA certification please visit www.thelpi.org/certification/tpma-if
About the Facilitator
QUAZI M. AHMED
LLB., MBA (IBA), MA (Japan), IMP (NYU, USA), CISS (Norway)
IFC Certified Master Trainer
Lead Consultant & CEO, FutureLeaders™
Founder & President, BOLD
Educated and trained in Bangladesh, the US, Norway, and Japan, Quazi M. Ahmed— is a renowned subject matter expert and thought leader with 27 years of experience in training, teaching, speaking, and coaching. Since January 2022, he has been the only IFC/World Bank Group Certified Master Trainer in Bangladesh. Over the years, he has conducted face-to-face training programs/and given talks in the USA, Denmark, Malaysia, India, Nepal, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh—his home country. He has also done VILT (Virtual Instructor-Led Training) workshops, spoke at e-Conferences and webinars for audiences in dozen other countries including UK, Myanmar, Singapore, New Zealand and Australia
For his global presence in the areas of training, Mr. Ahmed received the “Global Training and Development Leadership Award” in February 2017 by the World HRD Congress in its 25th-anniversary celebrations. By now, he has facilitated training sessions attended by more than one hundred thousand people in the nonprofit, private, and public sectors in multiple countries.
In recent years, He has completed the following certifications: IFC/World Bank Group Certified Master Trainer, Certified facilitator, from InsideOut Coaching/Development (USA), Certified L&D Professional from Aon Hewitt Learning Center (UK & India), and Certified PPA Practitioner from Thomas Assessment Pvt. Ltd. (UK and India).
Mr. Ahmed is recognized as the pioneer of the modern approach to L&D in Bangladesh--the country of his birth. In 2016, he founded the Bangladesh Organization for Learning and Development (BOLD) which is the apex national body serving the needs of trainers, Learning & Development professionals, and others passionate about personal and professional development. One of Quazi’s main purposes in life is to become the best version of himself by practicing humility and confidence in his personal and professional spheres.
Prerequisites of the Course
Prerequisites of this course consist of 4 online learning experiences that participants must complete before starting the instructor-led portion of the class:
- Maximizing Learning: This learning experience introduces some key theories and techniques that are the basis for our approach to training and which are discussed in more depth during the Facilitating Face-to-Face Learning in-person learning experience. (Duration: 30 minutes)
- The Training Lifecycle: This learning experience introduces the industry-standard methodology for providing high-quality training products and services, and places the Facilitating Face-to-Face Learning in-person learning experience in context. (Duration: 25 minutes)
- Ethics for Performance and Learning Consultants: This learning experience helps participants consider the best way to respond to the most common ethical dilemmas they might face as performance and learning professionals. It offers a tool and guidance for how to make decisions that protect and enhance themselves, their business, and the profession as a whole in both the short and long terms. (Duration: 20 minutes)
- Finding Your Path for Facilitation: This learning experience helps participants learn a little about themselves and their comfort level with facilitating training. They need to complete, print, and bring their completed self-assessment with them to the Facilitating Face-to-Face Learning in-person learning experience. (Duration:10 minutes)
- The certificate of completion will be awarded by IFC, World Bank Group with FutureLeaders™ as its accredited provider.
- Participants of this ToT will get opportunities to work as volunteers with Quazi M. Ahmed in some of his assignments with clients (conditions apply).
- The fee is USD 500/- including VAT.
- The early bird fee is USD 400/- and one must register by May 26, 2022, to get this discount.
- 15% off for BOLD (Bangladesh Organization for Learning & Development) Members.
Suite 7A, House 31, Road 10, Block G Banani, Dhaka-1213, Bangladesh.