Facilitating Face-to-Face Learning in Person
IFC’s Facilitating Face-to-Face Learning Course (FFF)
First edition – Mozambique - 2023
This Training of Trainers course will enable you to deliver powerful learning experiences to adult participants that can help improve capability, capacity, productivity, and performance. Based on feedback from trainers and learning professionals in more than 50+ countries, our Facilitating Face-to-Face Learning course will make you a more dynamic and effective trainer, boost interactivity with your participants, and accelerate learning.
Are you ready to level up as a trainer?
Why take this course? (Benefits)
The course is based on best practice principles and learning methods. This course:
- Models best practice behaviors and skills you are learning so you can put them into practice.
- Keeps you actively involved, thinking, practicing, and learning from each other. This is not your standard listen-and-ask-questions training session!
- Provides personalized feedback to help build your skills and overcome challenges when training others.
- Builds your trainer's toolkit of activity ideas.
- Connects you to a network of training professionals in your country and worldwide.
What is more, IFC has trained and certified more than 3500 trainers all over the world, giving you access to an international network of professionals.
Who will benefit from this Course?
- New trainers who want to learn the skills needed to effectively train others.
- Seasoned trainers aiming to improve their skills and achieve professional recognition.
- Managers with direct responsibility for training programs.
- Administrators responsible for quality assurance in training programs.
What will you Learn?
The course will teach and help you develop the key competencies to deliver training and facilitate learning. This course will prepare you to:
1 - Master the training cycle
- Prepare for training
- Introduce a training session
- Present training content
- Give and receive feedback
- Conclude a training session
- Review the training
- Report on the success of training
2 - Manage sessions professionally
- Create comfortable environments
- Accommodate different learners
- Use projectors and slides effectively
- Manage session time
- Handle difficult circumstances
- Use powerful body language
- Diffuse gender bias
First, you will learn the basics on your own (online), and then come to class to dive deeper and put the concepts into action.
What training methods will be Used?
- Group discussions
- Case studies
- Role plays
- Individual practice sessions
- Feedback sessions
What is the training language?
This course will be facilitated in both English and Portuguese languages.
What are the prerequisites for participating in the program?
You must complete the Foundations of Learning and Finding Your Path for Facilitation courses. The master trainer will explain these and other requirements during the information session on July 2023. Registered candidates will be invited to the session.
Will I receive a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes, participants will receive the certificate of completion of the "Facilitating Learning: In-Person" course provided that they:
- complete the prerequisite Foundations of Learning course
- attend at least 80% of the course sessions in the venue;
What is included in the attendance fee?
The attendance fee covers registration, training material, certificate and meals cost at the venue.
Can I Get Certified?
IFC’s Facilitating Face-to-Face Learning course is recognized by the Learning and Performance Institute (LPI), a leading global authority on learning and workplace development. Upon completion of this course you qualify to apply for IFC-LPI’s Trainer Performance Monitoring and Assessment (TPMA), an internationally recognized trainer certification.
Who will train you?
You will be trained by an IFC accredited provider chosen from a highly selective pool of professionals.
This training session will be facilitated by Samuel S. Sitoe
Samuel Sitoe holds an MBA from MANCOSA - Graduate School of Business - in South Africa. He is the Dean of the Business and Entrepreneurship College of Chibuto, member of the Eduardo Mondlane University, the oldest and most prestigious University in Mozambique.
He has more than 10 years training experience building capacity for IFC trainers, SME manages and owners, managers of associations/cooperatives, public sector, NGOs and multinational middle managers. He has facilitated training in Mozambique and abroad.
Mr. Sitoe is a bilingual training expert. His training firm, MWALIMU Consultoria e Pesquisa, is the only organization delivering IFC Training of Trainers program and IFC-LPI TPMA assessments in both English and Portuguese languages.