The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the need to convert classroom-based training into online training. However, virus-related travel limitations are not the only reason to consider transforming a face-to-face course into a virtual delivery. A virtual classroom has the potential to expand the reach and availability of training, to provide contingency during extreme weather, to lower travel costs, and to train safely during regional conflict or political unrest. The webinar "CONSIDERATIONS FOR MOVING THE CLASSROOM ONLINE":
- Highlights advantages and disadvantages of converting classroom-based training into a virtual environment
- Compares and contrasts the different online learning options, including live online learning, self-study online learning, and blended learning
- Introduces a needs analysis tool (available in English and French) to help determine the best online delivery method for the circumstances
- Suggest questions to ask before converting the training
- Explore logistical considerations, including learning managements systems and developing a business case
Download webinar highlights in English and French.
The webinar is based on the self-paced learning experience hosted on the WBG Open Learning Campus platform.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SELF-PACED COURSE
PRESENTER: Mandy Grant, IFC Consultant and Master Trainer, and Co-Founder of Covenant Consulting
Mandy Grant has over 20 years of instructional design, training facilitation, and management consulting experience. Her clients range from MSMEs to global organizations, governments, and non-profits. She has developed and delivered training for all sizes of audiences on a wide variety of topics, from teaching in rural communities to developing virtual, blended learning curricula for use globally. In doing so, Mandy builds on her bachelor’s degree in education, master’s degree in organizational leadership, and project management professional (PMP) certification to equip and empower clients with processes, training, and tools that drive their purpose.
Mandy is an IFC-certified master trainer in designing learning. She is also a co-founder of Covenant Consulting, a U.S.-based management consulting company—one of the first institutions to become a Signatory to the GLC Principles for Learning.