GLC Webinar: Elevating Ethical Standards Among L&D Professionals
Within each profession, there is a code of ethics that promotes responsible behaviors toward clients, colleagues, and society as a whole, and the learning and development industry is no exception. Members of the GLC training community are not only expected to demonstrate ethical behaviors in their practices, but also instill those behaviors among their learners. Is there always a right or wrong solution to an ethical dilemma? And how does ethical behavior relate to anti-corruption, labor, environmental, and human rights practices?
The goal of this session is to improve ethics awareness and help learning and development professionals make better ethical decisions. We will discuss the following:
- Introduction to ethics and ethics-related concepts.
- Why ethics matters for businesses, and training businesses in particular.
- Ethical decision-making, i.e. how to deal with ethical challenges and dilemmas.
- Ethical leadership.
- Behavioral ethics, i.e. how to overcome ethical challenges related to social forces in the organization.
- Ethical culture and conduct.
By the end of the webinar, participants should be able to:
- Understand why it is important to lead an ethical business life.
- Recognize their most important ethical challenges.
- Follow a decision tree for making ethical choices.
Photo by Jopwell on Pexels