Facilitating Face-to-Face Learning, Online Version (FFF-O)
What is it about?
This live online learning path gives new and novice trainers tools, tips, techniques, practical experience, and feedback to help them become dynamic facilitators of learning, when they are conducting training face-to-face.
This program focuses on teaching how to facilitate in-person training courses effectively. It answers questions, such as how to make effective and engaging introductions, content presentations, and conclusions. It also teaches how to encourage learner participation, use effective communication techniques, and manage time and difficult classroom situations when teaching in a face-to-face situation.
Who should take it?
Trainers who will be leading face-to-face courses
What are the learning objectives?
When trainers finish this program, they should be able to:
- Conduct engaging, interactive, and informative training sessions
- Manage the training environment
- Adjust their teaching style and methods to meet participants' needs
- Facilitate discussions in a way that enhances the learning experience and deepens participants' understanding
How is the program structured?
The entire learning path consists of 6 X 2-hour webinar sessions, plus homework assignments.
- Session 1: This webinar introduces the course content, discusses what questions to ask so you better understand the audience and the context for the course, provides tips for creating a conducive learning environment, and introduces the Learning Cycle that serves as the basis for the next 4 sessions. (2 hours)
- Session 2: This webinar focuses on how to motivate participants to listen and learn. It addresses how to effectively introduce topics and lessons, and addresses the first phase of the Learning Cycle. (2 hours)
- Video practice homework/discussion board: Submit short practice assignment video and review assigned videos.
- Session 3: This webinar focuses on how to convey information to participants in a way that keeps them actively involved in the learning process. It addresses the second phase of the Learning Cycle. This session also provides an opportunity to get feedback on your short video. (2 hours)
- Session 4: This webinar focuses on how to constructively give feedback to participants and how to conclude a topic or lesson effectively. It addresses the final two phases of the Learning Cycle. (2 hours)
- Session 5: This webinar focuses on how to overcome some of the other challenges that happen when facilitating training. It provides tips for managing disruptive learner behaviors, time, and equipment. (2 hours)
- Video practice homework/discussion board: Submit long practice assignment video and review assigned videos.
- Session 6: This webinar provides an opportunity to get feedback on your long video and concludes the learning path. (2 hours)
What are the prerequisites for participating in the program?
Can I get certified at the end of the program?
IFC-LPI TPMA assessment will be offered at the end of the program.
How is it offered?
Although this learning path is intended for trainers who will train face-to-face, participants take this course online.
- Compare: in-person version of the Facilitating Face-to-Face Learning course
The entire learning path consists of 6 X 2-hour webinar sessions, plus homework assignments. The course is offered by master trainers on demand.
If you have an inquiry about course enrollment requirements, please email email@example.com.