Facilitating Face-to-Face Learning (FFF)
What is it about?
This learning path focuses on conducting training in-person courses effectively. It answers questions, such as how to make effective and engaging introductions, content presentations, and conclusions. It addresses how to encourage learner participation, use effective communication techniques, and manage time and difficult classroom situations. It expands on concepts introduced in the Foundations of Learning and shows how to turn lectures into interactive training experiences that maximize participants’ attention and accelerate learning. (Duration: 4 days)
Who should take it?
Anyone seeking to improve the impact of their presentations, facilitated meetings, or training sessions.
What are the learning objectives?
When you finish this learning experience, you should be able to:
- Conduct engaging, interactive, and informative training sessions
- Manage the training environment
- Adjust your teaching style and methods to meet participants' needs
- Facilitate discussions in a way that enhances the learning experience and deepens participants' understanding
What topics will be covered?
- Needs assessments
- Accelerated learning principles (ALPs)
- Learning styles
- Learning preferences
- The learning environment
- Learners’ hierarchy of needs
- The four phases of the learning cycle
- IFC - LPI Trainer Performance Monitoring and Assessment (TPMA) evaluation criteria
- Activities that maximize attention, replacing lectures with interactive content, and reviewing content
- Debriefing models
- Questioning techniques
- A model for giving constructive feedback
- Tips for managing disruptive learner behaviors
- Tips for handling objections
- Tips for time management
- Tips for effective equipment use
What are the prerequisites for this learning experience?
- Foundations of Learning. Please send us the certificate of completion of the Foundations of Learning course at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finding Your Path for Facilitation
What are the benefits of taking this learning experience?
This learning experience will help you create a learning environment that keeps participants more engaged and interested, makes learning easier, and builds your reputation as a skilled trainer.
Can I get certified at the end of the program?
IFC-LPI TPMA assessment will be offered at the end of the program.
How is it offered?
This is a face-to-face learning experience.
Please contact an IFC-certified Master Trainer in your region to inquire about the next FFF session.