Facilitating Live Online Learning (FLO)
What is it about?
This program focuses on conducting in-person and live online training courses effectively. It answers questions, such as how to make effective and engaging introductions, content presentations, and conclusions; and how to encourage learner participation, use effective communication techniques, and manage time and difficult classroom situations, either in a classroom or online environment.
The program expands on concepts introduced in the Foundations of Learning and shows how to turn lectures into interactive training experiences that maximize participants’ attention and accelerate learning.
The Facilitating Live Online Learning program is similar to IFC’s Facilitating Face-to-Face Learning (FFF); however, it differs from FFF in a few key aspects:
- It is offered completely remotely, using live online sessions
- It focuses on face-to-face and live online training
- It is offered over a series of 8 sessions, spread over 2 weeks, for the total of 16 instructional hours
- It requires participants to submit videos of themselves facilitating a 5-minute and a 15-minute training segment using the techniques taught in the course
Who should take it?
Trainers who will be conducting online courses.
What are the learning objectives?
When trainers finish this program, they should be able to:
- Conduct engaging, interactive, and informative training sessions
- Manage the training environment
- Adjust their teaching style and methods to meet participants' needs
- Facilitate discussions in a way that enhances the learning experience and deepens participants' understanding
What topics will be covered?
- Needs assessments
- Accelerated learning principles (ALPs)
- Learning styles
- Learning preferences
- The learning environment
- Learners’ hierarchy of needs
- The four phases of the learning cycle
- IFC - LPI Trainer Performance Monitoring and Assessment (TPMA) evaluation criteria
- Activities that maximize attention, replacing lectures with interactive content, and reviewing content
- Debriefing models
- Questioning techniques
- A model for giving constructive feedback
- Managing disruptive learner behaviors
- Handling objections
- Time management
- Effective equipment use
- Common and advanced web-conferencing features that make online training more engaging
What are the benefits of completing this program?
This program will help trainers create a learning environment that keeps participants more engaged and interested, makes learning easier, and builds their reputation as a skilled trainer. The program is offered completely online, making it possible for trainers to learn in a physically distant, COVID-free way.
What are the prerequisites for participating in the program?
How is it offered?
This program includes 8 modules, spread over 2 weeks, for the total of 16 instructional hours. In between the sessions, participants will be expected to complete self-study work and participate in group exercises. Participants will also be required to submit videos of themselves facilitating a 5-minute and a 15-minute training segment using the techniques taught in the course.
The course is currently offered on demand.
Can I get certified at the end of the program?
IFC-LPI TPMA assessment will be offered at the end of the program.