Facilitating Learning: Online and In-Person + IFC-LPI TPMA Certification
The "Facilitating Learning: Online and In-Person + IFC TPMA Certification" program teaches learners how to conduct in-person and live online training courses effectively. It expands the concepts introduced in the Foundations of Learning and shows how to turn lectures into interactive training experiences that maximize participants’ attention and accelerate learning.
The program is similar to IFC’s Facilitating Face-to-Face Learning (FFF); however, it differs from FFF in a few key aspects:
- It is offered completely remotely, using live online sessions.
- It focuses on face-to-face and live online training.
- It is offered over a series of 8 sessions.
What topics will be covered?
- Needs assessments
- Accelerated learning principles (ALPs)
- Learning styles
- Learning preferences
- The learning environment
- Learners’ hierarchy of needs
- The four phases of the learning cycle
- IFC - LPI Trainer Performance Monitoring and Assessment (TPMA) evaluation criteria
- Activities that maximize attention, replacing lectures with interactive content, and reviewing content
- Debriefing models
- Questioning techniques
- A model for giving constructive feedback
- Managing disruptive learner behaviors
- Handling objections
- Time management
- Effective equipment use
- Common and advanced web-conferencing features that make online training more engaging
What are the benefits of completing this program?
- This program will help trainers create a learning environment that keeps participants more engaged and interested, makes learning easier, and builds their reputation as skilled trainers.
- It is offered completely online, making it possible for trainers to learn in a physically distant, COVID-free way.
- You will have an opportunity to pass the assessment to qualify for the IFC-LPI TPMA trainer certification.
What are the prerequisites for participating in the program?
How is it offered?
This program includes 8 modules, spread over a one-month period, for a total of 16 instructional hours. In between the sessions, participants will be expected to complete self-study work and participate in group exercises. Participants will also be required to submit videos of themselves facilitating a 5-minute and a 15-minute training segment using the techniques taught in the course.
- Orientation. August 31, 5pm-6pm EAT
- Session 1. September 1, 9:00-11:00 am EAT
- Session 2. September 1, 2:00-4:00 pm EAT
- Session 3. September 2,9:00-11:30 am EAT
- Session 4. September 2, 2:00-4:00 pm EAT
- Session 5. September 3, 9:00-11:00 am EAT
- Session 6. September 3, 2:00-4:00 pm EAT
- Session 7 & 8. September 6, 9:00-11:00 am EAT
Please check the corresponding time in your country zone.
Will I receive a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes, participants will receive the certificate of completion of the "Facilitating Learning: Online and In-Person" course provided that they:
- complete the prerequisite Foundations of Learning course
- attend at least 80% of the "Facilitating Learning: Online and In-Person" course, and
- complete all course assignments.
What is included in the attendance fee?
The attendance fee covers the cost of participation (USD 400) as well as the assessment and the LPI fee (USD 300) to be paid for the certificate in case the assessment score is "Pass" or more. If participants choose to pay for participation and the assessment/certification fee upfront, the total fee will be reduced to USD 650.
How do I make further inquiries?
For further clarifications and questions, kindly email the trainer at email@example.com