Facilitating Learning: Online and In-Person
The "Facilitating Learning: Online and In-Person" program focuses on conducting in-person and live online training courses effectively. It expands on concepts introduced in the Foundations of Learning and shows how to turn lectures into interactive training experiences that maximize participants’ attention and accelerate learning.
The program is similar to IFC’s Facilitating Face-to-Face Learning (FFF); however, it differs from FFF in a few key aspects:
- It is offered completely remotely, using live online sessions.
- It focuses on face-to-face and live online training.
- It is offered over a series of 8 sessions.
What topics will be covered?
- Needs assessments
- Accelerated learning principles (ALPs)
- Learning styles
- Learning preferences
- The learning environment
- Learners’ hierarchy of needs
- The four phases of the learning cycle
- IFC - LPI Trainer Performance Monitoring and Assessment (TPMA) evaluation criteria
- Activities that maximize attention, replacing lectures with interactive content, and reviewing content
- Debriefing models
- Questioning techniques
- A model for giving constructive feedback
- Managing disruptive learner behaviors
- Handling objections
- Time management
- Effective equipment use
- Common and advanced web-conferencing features that make online training more engaging
What are the benefits of completing this program?
- This program will help trainers create a learning environment that keeps participants more engaged and interested, makes learning easier, and builds their reputation as skilled trainers.
- It is offered completely online, making it possible for trainers to learn in a physically distant, COVID-free way.
What are the prerequisites for participating in the program?
How is it offered?
This program includes 8 modules, spread over a one-month period, for a total of 16 instructional hours. In between the sessions, participants will be expected to complete self-study work and participate in group exercises. Participants will also be required to submit videos of themselves facilitating a 5-minute and a 15-minute training segment using the techniques taught in the course.
- Pre-Course Call. July 5, 6:30-7:30 pm IST
- Session 1. July 13, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
- Session 2. July 15, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
- Session 3. July 20, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
- Session 4. July 22, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
- Session 5. July 27, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
- Session 6. July 29, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
- Session 7. August 3, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
- Session 8. August 5, 6:30-8:30 pm IST
Please check the corresponding time in your country zone.
Can I get certified at the end of the program?
IFC-LPI TPMA assessment will be offered at the end of the program (for an additional charge).
What do other participants say about the program?
- "The sessions were interesting, very well synchronized, and extremely helpful. Your prompt support and guidance throughout were truly amazing". (Sarita Chauchan, March 2021)
- "Facilitating Learning: Online and In-Person was really interesting, fun-filled, and activity-based. As an adult learner and training professional, I enjoyed the great opportunity to meet Rohit once again through this online course. The Series of online sessions were really encouraging with the professionalism and competencies Rohit exhibited throughout the course. Clear and precise explanations were always an art of Rohit to complement the array of competencies he possesses". (Ismail Azeez, March 2021)
- "I enjoyed participating in the Facilitating Learning: Online and In-Person course with Rohit. He is an experienced trainer, he knows how to engage and work with professionals of different backgrounds and he is ready to go the extra mile to support the learners offline. He manages the classes effectively, with good training skills (he is applying very well what he is teaching) and he is clear and calm, and gentle. Very recommended!" (Nicola Amoroso, March 2021)
I am interested! What's next?
Please fill in this form. We will be in touch with you shortly.